Monday, September 14, 2009

4th week...

So I'm on my 4th week of doing Weight Watchers to lose all the weight I gained from foolish summer eating :( I've found that fall time is the easiest time for me to make a lifestyle change because the busyness of summer dies down and it's easier to get into a healthy routine. My husband Jason is also doing Weight Watchers with me this time so that helps me tremendously as I have a live-in accountability partner!

In the past 3 weeks, I 've lost 4 pounds and 2 inches. Although honestly, I'm not very good at measuring my waist because I don't know exactly where to measure and I can't remember if I measure at the same place every week! And do I suck in or push out- hold my breath or let it all out? I don't know, so I focus on the scale instead. I've been told not to focus on the scale numbers, but for me it's the most accurate representation because it is free from human error. I know that pounds can fluctuate from water weight and such, but eventually the numbers will go down. I'm excited about my 4 pounds, even though it doesn't sound like a lot. My ultimate goal is to lose 22 pounds, so 4 pounds is actually a good percentage. I know that my body doesn't lose weight very quickly so I am usually happy with around 1 pound a week.

I have a few short term goals on the way to my final goal as well. Right now, my short term goal is to lose 3 pounds to get under the current 10 pound weight zone I'm in right now (to change the first two numbers of my weight). 3 pounds is easy to focus on because it's not too much. I hope to get there by the end of September. My next short term goal is to lose 5.5 pounds after that, which will bring me to a healthy BMI for my height. After that, I will only have 10 pounds left until my goal weight!

So stay tuned for delicious recipes and snack ideas that I will be posting soon!! :)

No comments: