Thursday, September 17, 2009

End of the 4th week...

So tomorrow is the last day of my 4th week. I start my WW weeks on Saturdays because it tends to work the best for me. I used to start each week on a Monday, but I noticed that staying within my points is easiest for me during the week and when the weekend would come, I would think that I had lots of flex points so I could eat whatever I wanted on the weekend. Usually I would just let loose and not count points, which led to me grossly UNDERestimating how many points I actually ate. So now when I start on a Saturday, I try to use as little flex points as possible during the weekend so I have some left for the week- just in case I need them. I always like to have flex points available just in case so I'm less likely to blow them if I start counting on a Saturday.

As of this morning, I've lost another pound. However, I shouldn't know this yet because I should only be weighing myself once a week, not everyday like I have been :( So I need to work on this. I get frustrated pretty easily if I don't lose anything after a few days, but if I only weighed once a week, I would see consistent weight loss. I have to admit that I was a little discouraged at only losing 1 pound since I've been working out consistently and I have hardly used any flex points this week. But I was encouraged when I read part of Joyce Meyer's book "Look Great, Feel Greet" (which everyone should totally read by the way if you haven't already!). She was talking about focusing on our journey and not just our destination and she was speaking in context of a journey to be more healthy. Here are a couple of quotes from the book that encouraged me:

"Time does not go by any faster if we are frustrated about i, so we should learn to 'wait well'. On your own journey toward looking great and feeling great, you also need to enjoy the ride. What matters is not where you are, or how far away your destination is, but the direction you are headed."

"Even reading this book is a step in the right direction, so go ahead and feel good about it. The important thing is not what you weigh today, or how far you can run, but that you are improving. If your goal is to lose fifty pounds and you lose two pounds the first week, should you get discouraged because you are forty-eight pounds heavier than you want to be? No. You say, 'Hallelujah, what a great week!' and continue with your plan. Be proud of today. Don't go beyond that. Don't look at how far you have to go, look at how far you have come."

"Think about your successes rather than your failures. Maybe you ate a little too much today, but the good news is you didn't eat as much as you used to before beginning your new journey toward lifetime health and wholeness. Perhaps you intended to walk thirty minutes but got started late and could only do twenty minutes. Don't feel that you are a failure and should have done better; remember when you did not exercise at all and be happy for your progress. Keeping this positive attitude about your progress will breed more progress. Let your days be filled with good choices, healthy food, lots of activity and good thoughts. Then your body and soul will be healthy, fit and virtuous. Don't focus on your body, focus on the day."

This book is so encouraging for my journey! Anyone who is trying to lose weight or want to lose weight and/or be more healthy should definitely read this book!

No comments: