Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My writing

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am no longer writing for the personal finance savingadvice.com. I am still interested in writing about personal finance and will be persuing other opportunities, but lately there have been a few articles from other authors on savingadvice that I would consider innapropriate. After writing for that site for almost year, I opted to stop because I don't want my writing associated with some of the content on their site. I knew that the site wasn’t a Christian site in any way, but it used to be pretty neutral in regards to the morality of their postings, until recently. I understand that they are looking to get more readers with unconventional articles, and thus I have no hard feelings or anything, but I just am heading in a different direction with my writing.

I really believe God has called me to write pieces that will help others grow, whether that be financially, spiritually, in their health, etc. I am going to continue to write for crosswalk.com because I really believe in that site and the message they send and I’ve been able reach a lot people through my few articles I’ve written so far.

I would like to focus on writing on the following subjects (because I feel like I could actually produce a lot of material out them): personal finance, spirituality, eating healthy/losing weight. These are areas I have experience in, thus I feel like I can share some of what I’ve learned.

In a few weeks I’ll be transitioning from working full time in an office to working at home and freelancing my skills. I believe this is the next step for me, as it would be a great transition to being able to work from home as a stay at home mom. Hopefully I’ll be able to incorporate some writing into my paid at-home work :). I’ll keep you posted on any new writing ventures I begin.

Thanks for all your support!

No comments: